After arriving and settling into a friend's apartment in Macau, we walked to our friend Jana's house for cookies, ice cream, chips and soft drinks. The Geers and Amanda were at Jana's, having arrived in Macau about an hour before we did. We got back to the apartment at about midnight and it took an hour or so to get settled in. I was up at about 5:15 AM, so I guess I slept for about 4 hours. Oh well, I was sort of counting on that extra time so that I could think a little bit more about my presentations.
Today we'll exchange some money after breakfast. We'll have dim sum for lunch. We're going into Zhuhai this afternoon to meet up with Mr. Zhang at 4:00 PM. By the way, Mr. Zhang has been my friend for 15 years. He was the director of English education and research for Zhuhai City. Now, in his retirement, he is secretary general of an education society in Zhuhai.
We'll be staying in the homes of local families in Zhuhai. I'll be staying the first week with Jumbo He, an education administrator in Daomen County. I've known him for about ten years. Living in the homes of teachers will be interesting. I think we're excited to make new friends and nervous that we'll do something wrong.
Excited and nervous - hmmm - not a bad description of how I feel this morning.